The following guide is catered for users who have some familiarity with Facebook Pixel. To learn more about Facebook Pixel, visit Facebook's guide here.
With Oddle, you can easily integrate a Facebook Pixel to help you understand your customer's behaviours and traffic. The Facebook Pixel is an analytics tool that allows advertisers like yourself to understand the actions that your customers take on your Oddle website. It allows you to do the following:
- Build advertising audiences
- Ensure your ads are shown to the right audiences/people
- Unlock additional Facebook advertising tools
In this article
1. Getting started checklist
Before you begin, ensure that you have completed the following tasks:
- Get a Facebook Ads Manager account if you do not have one.
- Create a Facebook Pixel in your Facebook Ads Manager if you do not have one or use an existing pixel. For help on creating a Facebook Pixel ID, visit Facebook's documentation.
- Note down your Facebook Pixel ID.
The built-in Facebook Pixel integration feature is only available for customers who are using the new Oddle Shop. If you are on the Classic Shopping Cart, you will need to switch to the new Oddle Shop to be able to enjoy this feature. Read this guide on how to upgrade to the new Oddle Shop.
2. Adding your Facebook Pixel ID
To install a Facebook Pixel on your Oddle Shop, you simply need to your add your Facebook Pixel ID. To add your Facebook Pixel ID:
- Navigate to the marketing module in your web dashboard (Menu > Marketing).
- Under "Shopping Cart Tracking" > "Facebook Pixel ID", paste your Facebook Pixel ID.
- Click on "Save".
To ensure that your Facebook Pixel ID is working correctly on your Oddle Shop, refer to this guide here by Facebook.
2. Facebook Pixel standard events
When you use Oddle's built-in integration with Facebook Pixel, Oddle automatically tracks and sends actions that are done by a user to Facebook. These actions, or events can be used to help you track specific events, optimise your ads for conversion and help you build custom audiences. To learn more about Facebook's standard events, visit the Facebook's help centre here.
Oddle automatically sends the following 6 standard events to Facebook: