With the Oddle iPad Register, you can easily request for a driver from your assigned delivery partner to deliver your orders.
The delivery request feature is only available in certain countries and for merchants with an assigned delivery partner. Please contact your account manager for more details.
In this article
- Sending a delivery request
- Cancelling a delivery request
- Editing delivery request comments
- Delivery request statuses
1. Sending a delivery request
To send a delivery request:
- Select the "Request for Delivery" button.
- Enter any related comments in the popup (Optional).
- Select "Send".
- A delivery request has now been sent to your delivery partner and the delivery request status should now be "Driver Unassigned".
If your delivery request fails:
- Check if the delivery date time is expired (order is in the past).
- Check if the delivery date time is too close to the current time (insufficient lead time).
- Resend a delivery request by first pressing the "Request Failed" button, followed by the "Resend Request" button in the delivery request details popup.
It is best to send a delivery request as soon as an order is confirmed to ensure that your delivery partner has sufficient time to assign a driver to your order. In general, it is best to request for deliveries at least one hour in advance.
When a driver has been assigned:
When your delivery partner has found a driver for your order, a push notification will be sent to your iPad Register and the delivery request status will be updated to "Driver Assigned". To view the driver's details, select the "Driver Assigned" button.
2. Cancelling a delivery request
Cancellation of a delivery requests are only allowed when the delivery request status is "Driver Unassigned" and if your delivery partner allows for cancellations. Do note that you may still incur charges as imposed by your delivery partner depending on the circumstance.
To cancel a delivery request:
- Select the "Driver Unassigned" button.
- Select the "Cancel" button.
- You may be shown either a confirmation message or a notification that full fees may still be charged if you cancel now.
- Select "Yes" if you wish to continue.
- Your delivery request is now cancelled.
If your delivery cancellation request fails or if you wish to cancel a request after a driver has been assigned, contact your delivery partner directly. You can find your delivery partner's contact details by clicking on the "Driver Assigned" button.
3. Editing delivery request comments
When editing delivery request comments, your delivery request will be cancelled and a new request will be made. We recommend contacting your delivery partner directly for any last minute changes to delivery request comments.
To edit delivery request comments:
- Select the "Driver Unassigned" button.
- Select the "Edit" button.
- You may be notified that your delivery request will be cancelled and a new request will be made.
- Select "Yes" to proceed.
- Edit your delivery request comments.
- Select "Save" to update the comments.
4. Delivery request statuses
Whenever you make a delivery request, you will be able see real-time updates of your delivery request by looking at the delivery request status.
Below is a list of possible delivery request statuses and their corresponding colour codes:
- Driver Not Requested (Orange) - Default status for a delivery type order is created.
- Driver Unassigned (Blue) - When you have requested for a delivery and a driver has yet to be assigned by your delivery partner.
- Driver Assigned (Blue) - When a driver has been assigned to your order and / or is on its way to pickup your order
- Request Cancelled (Red) - When you have cancelled your delivery request.
- Request Failed (Red) - When your delivery request fails.
- Driver Not Required (Grey) - When you do not require a driver and have marked the delivery request status as "Driver Not Required".
The typical flow for making a delivery request is "Driver Not Requested" >> "Driver Unassigned" >> "Driver Assigned".
Make use of the delivery request status "tag" that is above every order listed in the left-hand-side panel. The "tag" displays both the order type and the delivery request status which makes it easier for you to view them at a glance. For example, if the delivery request status for a particular order is "Driver Unassigned", you should expect to see a blue tag which says "Delivery: Driver Unassigned".