Variants of a product item are modifications (i.e. size, colour, weight) of a particular food item.
Options of a product item are used if a product requires customisation from the customers (i.e. different toppings)
When an item requires different modifications and customisation, variants and options can be used together. An example will be a small, medium and large pizza with same toppings and toppings pricing for each size.
All these items can be created in Menu > Menu Name > Product
1. Go to Menu
2. Select the Menu Name
3. Go to Product
4. In a category, create a new item by typing in the item name and price in these fields and click Save
5. Select the item and on the variants section, click Add
6. Enter your variants name and price in the fields
7. If you want to have more than two variants, click Save.
8. Enter the next variant name and price, then click Save. There can be an unlimited number of variants for an item.
9. Click the Add button
10. If the options that you want is not yet in the list, click Add New Option.
11. Enter the options name in the field
12. Enter the minimum selection quantity for this option. (If the minimum quantity is set as 0, selecting options is not compulsory. However, if the minimum as set as 1 or more, customers need to select at least the stated number of options before they can proceed)
13. Enter the maximum selection for this option. This is the maximum number of options that customers can add to an item.
14. Click the field to select or search the items that you want to add as part of the options. If the options that you want to add has not been created yet, go to the bottom and click Add New Item.
15. Enter the name of the item and the price of the item if the quantity selected is above that of the minimum selection for that option.
16. Select the category which the items will go to. If there is no existing category, select Add New Category
17. Enter the category name and the descriptions, then click Save
18. Click Save again on the add items page
19. Set the price of the option if the quantity selected is below minimum selection. (i.e. complimentary one topping, additional toppings will be charged)
20. Add another item by repeating step 15 to 20 but skipping the add new category step. For the category section, since we have created a category, select that category again (i.e. Pizza Toppings).
21. Repeat until all items are created and click Save
22. Tick the check box besides the option that you want to add
23. Click Save
24. You have successfully added an option. To add more options, click Add.