Variants of a product item are modifications (i.e. size, colour, weight) of a particular food item.
Options of a product item are used if a product requires customisation from the customers (i.e. different toppings)
When an item requires different modifications and a certain degree of customisation, variants and options need to be used together. An example of this will be a small, medium, large salad, with different toppings or different toppings pricing for each size.
All these items can be created in Menu > Menu Name > Product
1. Go to Menu
2. Select the Menu Name
3. Go to Product
4. In a category, create a new item by typing in the item name and price in these fields and click Save
5. Select the item and on the variants section, click Add
6. Enter your variants name and price in the fields
7. If you want to have more than two variants, click Save.
8. Enter the next variant name and price, then click Save. There can be an unlimited number of variants for an item.
9. Click the drop down arrow on the first variant
10. Click the Add button to add new options to the variant
11. If you are adding new options, click Add New Option
12. Enter the name your options
13. Enter the minimum selection quantity for this option. (If the minimum quantity is set as 0, selecting options is not compulsory. However, if the minimum as set as 1 or more, customers need to select at least the stated number of options before they can proceed)
14. Enter the maximum selection for this option. This is the maximum number of options that customers can add to an item.
15. Click the field to select or search the items that you want to add as part of the options. If the options that you want to add has not been created yet, go to the bottom and click Add New Item.
16. Enter the name of the item and the price of the item if the quantity selected is above that of the minimum selection for that option.
17. Select the category which the items will go to. If there is no existing category, select Add New Category
18. Enter the category name and the descriptions, then click Save
19. Click Save again on the add items page
20. Set the price of the option if the quantity selected is below minimum selection. (i.e. complimentary one topping, additional toppings will be charged)
21. Add another item by repeating step 15 to 20 but skipping the add new category step. For the category section, since we have created a category, select that category again (i.e. Pizza Toppings).
22. Repeat until all items are created and click Save
23. Tick the check box besides the option that you want to add
24. Click Save
25. Repeat all steps for the following variants. You can combine all the items in a category for easier viewing.