You may refer to the checklist below to ensure that your iPad settings are correctly set.
1. Check that the Oddle Register app has been updated to the latest version. If it has not been updated, there will be a prompt to update it whenever you open the application.
2a. Go into the Settings on the iPad. On the left, swipe all the way down to find the "Register" app. Tap on it and ensure that "Background App Refresh" is turned on as per the screenshot below.
2b. Next, tap on "Notifications". Ensure that all the options inside this menu is turned on as per the screenshot below.
3. Check that 'Do Not Disturb' (Circled in Yellow below) and 'Mute' (Circled in Red below) are turned off.
If the 'Do Not Disturb' mode is turned on, you will not be able to receive any notifications.
4. Check that the notifications in Oddle Register is turned on. (See Box in Red below).
No Notification Sounds
5. Check that the volume has been turned up and not muted. (See Rectangle in Yellow below).
6. Check that the Mute System Sound toggle is turned off. (See Circle in Red below).
7. Check that the iPad volume is maxed out as well. This volume button is different from the volume set in steps 5 and 6 above. You can access this from iPad Settings > Sounds.
No Notification Sounds inside the Oddle Register app
8. Check that Irritating Mode has been turned on inside the Oddle Register app.
If you've gone through the checklist and still encounter problems, please drop us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will look into it and get back to you as soon as we can.