BOM (Bill of Materials) enables you to view and download multiple orders based on item ingredient quantity. In order to download this report, there are two very simple settings that need to be completed first:
- Creating a BOM
- Linking the BOM to the Product/Item
Step 1 - Creating a BOM
BOM settings can be set in Menu > Menu Name > Product > Bill of Materials
1. Click on 'Add BOM'.
2. Fill in the necessary details:
- Name: This could be the name of ingredients you want to measure such as flour, chocolate, chicken, fish or even just the item name itself
- Unit of measurement: What unit do you use to measure the volume, weight or quantity of the finished product? i.e. pieces, kilograms, grams, milliliters, liter, pounds
Step 2 - Link the BOM to the Product/Item
After setting up the BOM, you can now link it to your product/item.
1. Go to Menu > Product > Category > Item. Select the item that you want to measure, then click on BOM on the top right of the item name as shown in the screenshot below.
2. It will bring you to the page below, select on 'Add ingredients from list'.
3. Select the BOMs that you want to link to the Product/Item you have selected
4. Next, fill in the necessary quantity measurement of the ingredient for that item, then select 'Save'.
Step 3 - Downloading the BOM Report
There are two way you can generate the report, which are:
- BOM Download (One page of the report contains the consolidated details for all orders)
- Split BOM Download (Each page of the report contains the details for one order)
1. Go to Orders and select your preferred dates
2. Select the orders you wish to generate the BOM Report for. Click on 'Download'
3. Select on BOM Download, then OK
4. The result will be generated into a PDF report
Split BOM Download
1. Select on Split BOM Download
2. Each page of the resultant report contains the details for one order